Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Thirty Day Revival!

For my blog that is! It’s been a terrible six months as far as keeping up with stuff like this but I keep narrowing down in my brain what’s really important to me and what isn’t. I keep coming back to this blog as something I miss doing. So because of that I’m going to give ‘er all I got Captain!

Over on Bridgete’s Facebook page she posted this little meme of sorts and I decided instead of cluttering up my Facebook I’d whip out the paddles and shock my blog’s heart back into beating again by taking on this thirty day challenge over here instead. I mean hell, if I can write an entire fracking novel in thirty days I think I can manage to post a few facts and pictures until the end of April right?

So I’m a day behind which means this will tip over into May but I really don’t see that as a problem, its not like this is required to be done in one calendar month or anything. Here’s the skinny:

1. A picture of yourself with 10 facts
2. A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
3. A picture of the cast from your favorite show
4. A picture of your favorite night
5. A picture of your favorite memory
6. A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
7. A picture of your most treasured item
8. A picture that makes you laugh
9. A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
10. A picture of the person you do the most screwed up things with
11. A picture of something you hate
12. A picture of something you love
13. A picture of your favorite band or artist
14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
15. A picture of something you want to do before you die
16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture and a letter
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your favorite day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something you're afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

So wow that’s quite the list of photos to conjure up! Maybe the photos and stories behind them will even spark up a story or two for May. Anyway, without further ado, here’s the pic & ten facts.




1. I’m addicted to white out line; it’s dry on contact and makes everything fresh and clean.
2. I really like seeing smiley faces or heart shapes occur randomly, like on my toothbrush holder with two round holes and a big wide hole across from them in a ‘D’ shape. It resembles the emoticon :D
3. I came within $54.69 of predicting the exact cost to do the recent repairs on my car. Those dollars were in my favor.
4. I believe it’s because I made it happen when I wrote it down, so now I’m writing down everything as I want it to be where our finances are concerned -- both income and out go.
5. There are twelve weeks & 1 day until we move to Phoenix.
6. That thought simultaneously elates and terrifies me.
7. Speaking of terrified…I got to study Poe in my last two classes (top five favorite writers of all time so it was quite cool to have the opportunity!) and realized how much it irritates me when people spell his middle name wrong. It’s Allan, not Allen.
8. Reading all this crazy stuff by Edgar is giving me nightmares; my psyche must be weaker than it was when I first discovered him in about seventh grade!
9. I’m growing my hair out and recently dyed it back to my natural color because I’m tired of dealing with it. Maybe I’ll get funky again someday but for now it’s just boring ‘ol, plain ‘ol brown-ish.
10. Matt and I plan to go to the beach every single weekend from opening day until the date of our yard sale two weeks before we leave for Phoenix. Who knows when we’ll get to see the ocean again!

So there you have it. Anyone else up for the blogging/FB/wherever you want to post it challenge?

*****************************************************************
Catch up on anything you missed  30 Photos, 30 Days
*****************************************************************

12 comments:

KC McAuley said...

Oh I am going to enjoy this. So glad to see you blogging again. Excited to see what you come up with. And to hear more about Poe! (hugs)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Here's hoping that I can keep it going all 30 days :-) Big hugs to you too my friend!!

Bridgete said...

Yay, fun! :D

I wonder if your "writing it down" could work for me. I put it out there that I just need one lawyer to pay me $50 an hour for 5 hours per week of work to quit VS. Then I can use all those extra hours to find more lawyers to pay me similar amounts for similar hourly arrangements...and I could live QUITE comfortably and have loads of extra funds to put into the law firm by reaching only 20 hours a week, using the other 20 hours of my work week for client development. SO, first things first, I need to find the one lawyer who will pay me $50 an hour for 5 hours a week so I can get out of retail. :D

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I've always found that writing it down, meditating on it then getting rid of whatever you wrote it on tends to help the process Bridgete. I use my Boogie Board for that purpose a lot. Its the LCD screen that erases. I'll write it out on there, look it over for about a week while I envision what it will be like to have it happen then just push the delete button on the thing and trust the Universe to take over in bringing it to fruition. Might sound a little whack-a-do to some but the practice has never let me down in achieving goals in the past. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that it works by doing it again and seeing it happen :-) You can do it, I have faith in you my friend!

Almost Precious said...

Quite an impressive 30 day list !!!
I know there's no way I'd be able to keep up with it but if there's anybody that can do it, it would be you. You've got that special "stick-to-it-ness" that it takes. :)

I like your photo, it's so cute and casual.

Poe was a great one for burrowing deep into one's subconscious, his dark tales came from a dark and troubled soul...and of course opium. His were haunting tales that one never forgot. I'm still haunted by "The Tell Tale Heart" thump, thump...thump, thump...thump, thump.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I'm a little concerned that I can keep up too Anna, truthfully going from zero to sixty in thirty days is like the polar opposite of what I've been doing lately but I figured what the heck, give it a go :-)

Tell Tale Heart was the reason I fell in love with Poe! Never before in my life had I read a story that caused me to literally gasp out loud and look around to make sure I was still in my own world. He terrified and compelled major emotion. Still just as scary today as ever. I highly recommend "The Fall of the House of Usher" if you've never read it. He shows so many complex layers of madness in that story and I get something new out of it every time I read it :-)

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Looking forward to seeing what you post; sounds like a fun month ahead.

I'm going to try your "write it down" method, too; thanks for sharing that idea!

Love, hugs, and kisses, Mum

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Yeah it should be interesting at least! Hopefully it doesn't become stressful, I'll know that's when its time to stop if it does!

Good luck with the method, has never really failed me as long as I get rid of the thing it was written on (delete, shred, burn) and then let go of thinking about it all the time.

Bridgete said...

You know Jenn, I used to do little rituals where I'd write down what I want on a piece of paper, meditate on it, and then burn it. Then I'd blow the ashes into the wind. It always worked before, maybe I'll go for it again. It's kind of a windy day today...haha.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

"Kind of" windy day around here has been relative lately lol You'll probably see your requests come to fruition so much faster with these gusts :-)

draagonfly said...

Oh man, this is a great idea! I just came over here to catch up and now I've got so much to read! LOL I might have to do one a week tho... not sure I can commit to one per day. I'll definitely enjoy reading yours tho!

Apryl said...

I am totally doing this in May