Saturday, April 16, 2011

Something to Do Before I Die

Where do I even begin? This is one of those requests that makes me think that perhaps all my ranting that I don’t live with regret is not at all true. Would I die unhappy if I didn’t get to do x, y, or z? I guess I’d never truly know seeing as though I’d be six feet under all that stuff, but as a living, breathing me at this moment I feel like there are so many things I want to get to before I die that I guess the good news is I still have a bunch of awesome stuff to live for right?

Of course I’ll probably think of 100 more as soon as I post this but…

In no particular order here’s my list of stuff that would be fantastic to experience before I die.

The Bucket List

• Be on the New York Times best sellers list, “The” list not one of those offshoots
• Travel to Spain, specifically Barcelona
• Travel back to Amsterdam (with Matt this time)
• Travel back to Ireland
• Travel to Hawaii
• Travel to Portugal
• Live and make a living in San Diego
• See the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway in a game 4 for the sweep and kick their sorry asses right back to the Bronx where they belong (if this season is any indication I’ve got a couple years before this occurs)
• Settle for seeing the Sox beat the Yanks in any regular season game at Fenway
• Sit beside my Aunt at the finals when the Bruins win the Cup for the first time in 38+ years (yes, I mean this year damn it!)
• Settle for seeing them win the cup at all (either in the stands or on my sofa next to my Aunt) and getting to go to the parade
• Becoming a millionaire, not through inheritance or anything like that, my own blood, sweat & tears
• Graduate college
• Be in a big budget movie (I’ll even take a small part like “Friend’s neighbor” or something but it has to be a speaking role [one line will do] and I must be credited
• Make my living as a published author (book tours, readings/signings, etc included)
• Get to see all 50 states & spend time in each of them seeing sights (20 down -- MA, NH, VT, ME, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, OH, MD, DE, NC, FL, TX, AZ, CA, DC, LA, GA -- of course the only time I really spent in Delaware was at rest stops but what else is there to see, really? I imagine we’ll knock at least 7 more off the list just driving out to our new home and probably another 5 within the first year we live out there. That only leaves 18 more!)
• Drive a race car around a track at over 125 mph
• Go white water rafting again
• Get Matt to Disney World



*****************************************************************
Catch up on anything you missed  30 Photos, 30 Days
*****************************************************************

8 comments:

disabled account said...

You included DC in the states you've already been to, but it's not a state. If you include that then you have 51 places to visit in total. You should cover quite a few coming out west! That'll really shorten your list :)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Yeah I guess I include DC only because its kind of a separate entity in the country though technically not a state, that's true. Most of the time I spent there was actually in DC too, not VA/MD. I can't wait to get out west, sooooo much more to explore! Including Colorado of course :-)

Almost Precious said...

Good list. I wish you the best, I mean that in all sincerity, to seeing each and every one of them done.

As for becoming a millionaire - better make that a billionaire what with the cost of living going up and up the way it has.

Linda Myers said...

If WA is on your list, you have a place to stay!

Bridgete said...

Awesome. I also like how you have "travel to Hawaii" as a separate goal from your 50 states + DC goal. ;)

#1Nana said...

After you visit Linda in Washington, you can stop by my house in Oregon. We'll take you fishing...there's not much else to do here!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Anna you're soooo right! But a million will do it for me, enough to buy a house and have some in the bank to pay the taxes every year. Don't think I could really retire anyway, I'd go insane without work to do :-)

Yea Linda and Jann thanks gals, that's so awesome of you to offer seriously! Both states are certainly on the list, and close by each other too (you know, in a manner of speaking lol) I'll be sure to let you know when we're heading northwest! ♥

Bridgete I'm glad you noticed, its very important so it deserved its own category :-)

Anonymous said...

To see all 50 states would be great!