Thursday, April 18, 2013

Procrastinating Projects

Or more aptly named - Projects for Procrastinating! Its already quarter of my workout and I’m just sitting down to write this post now because I’ve been taking care of all kinds of random stuff this morning. All those projects that ended up coming to light when I cleaned the office up the other day. And who was I trying to fool? I’m not about to put them in the garage or they’ll never get done. So today was make headway on projects day.

I finally finished pulling the inserts out of all the bottle caps I’ve been collecting for the past two years. I’ve got a few plans for these involving boiling, spray painting, hole punching, linking, and/or magnetizing. For now I’m just glad to have all those inserts pulled out. It was slow and tedious but all part of the process. I’ll post some pictures when I get them all done up.

A couple years ago I inherited a whole bunch of wooden hangers from my Gram’s place. Since being in Arizona I started noticing them drying out a bit and it was raising the grain. Not cool especially since I usually use them for my nicer items and I don’t need those snagging. So I sanded them down and used some of my satin poly on hand to smooth them out. They’ll dry overnight and I’ll put the final coat on tomorrow or the next day.

The guest room is finally sorted and appropriate stuff moved in while other stuff was moved out to the garage or other places. While doing that it forced me to reorganize the front hall closet too. Not a lot to do there but it’s nice to be able to just reach in and grab something now.

I hemmed the super cool pair of stretchy jeans I bought a couple weeks ago because they were about four inches too long on me. Story of my life. I’ve gotten good at hemming jeans over the years. I also bleached out the bottom of the hem so it looks a little more naturally hemmed. It turned out okay but I think it went a little further than I would’ve ideally liked. It isn’t white or anything so I’m sure it’ll be fine. And I’m going to wear them regardless because they’re so super comfy!

Then of course there was some laundry and dishes I’d been putting off dealing with. Sadly those can only build up so long and something has to be done. Unlike dust. That shit can pile up until next September for all I care. And if Matt wasn’t around to care about it I guarantee you it probably would pile up.

There are just some things I still feel fully comfortable deferring. 

Posted for April 2013 A to Z Blog Challenge P is for Procrastinating

16 comments:

Launna said...

It feels so good to purge and organize... I often wonder why I wait so long...;-)

Joan said...

I need a day or two like this!

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Can't wait to see the pics and the reorganized rooms.

Very little energy in me right now, but I did finally get the sewing stash/supplies sorted out. Now to get to work on a project or two.

Dust will keep for another day, at least until you both start sneezing. ;-)

Love you, Mum

Kathe W. said...

oh my- the priorities we make for ourselves! Your energy is inspiring ..so I guess I'd better get off my .... and get to work! have a happy day!

Kathy Cannon Wiechman said...

Your projects sound fascinating, but your post reminded me of all the things I've procrastinated about. Now I'm depressed. Thanks a lot.
Kathy @ Swagger Writers

#1Nana said...

We were on the same wavelength. i also posted (late this afternoon) on procrastination...and cleaning out our spare bedroom is high on my list of things I've procrastinated. Now I'm procrastinating writing something for Q.

Rob-bear said...

"Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow, especially if there is a chance you can convince someone else to do it tomorrow." That works for the Bear. Sometimes.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Jak said...

Wow it sounds like you were super productive! I am not going to lie, I am jealous. I've so many random unfinished projects to do, but I just ignore them. I have to start cleaning the second bedroom, my "office" or "command center" as I will be having my brother stay with me for a while.

I have way way too much stuff, so I best purge some while the purging is good. I guess?

Haha Rob-Bears quote is pretty sweet :)

I'm happy you got so much done.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

It's probably one of my favorite activities!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

So liberating to purge :-)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

What do you mean start sneezing mum? That dust is tough!

Hey getting sewing stuff done is great progress, don't discount that!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I go through spurts, lots for a little while then a big old crash! Enjoy your day too :-)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Um...oops, sorry Kathy!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I've been procrastinating on reading & commenting...getting on that today. While I procrastinate on writing V & W.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I'm loving this motto but could never live it, I'm way too OCD to procrastinate for real. Except with the kitchen. That's the truth.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

These spurts of productivity come and go, a couple weeks from now I'll be all, nah I'm cool with things piling up for a while :-)