Well lookie what we have here, it’s a bloggy award and I couldn’t be more excited because I rarely win awards. Hooray! Plus the award name is giving me a great post - ‘B’ is for Blog Award! – so how could I complain?
Especially when I’ve taken on the challenge of writing every day for 26 out of 30 days in April and this can be one of my posts. So again, hooray!
Here’s the skinny. I’ve been presented with the Liebster Award, a wonderful award for bloggers with smaller followings (under 200). And as you all know I love reading blogs, my favorite of which are usually of the personal variety like mine where friends use their space to share their ongoing digital journal. My favorites of those are many times the underground people who have yet to be discovered by a massive audience but are still raw and wonderful writers.
And it makes me smile to think I could be included in that kind of a category.
To be honest, I’m kind of having a Sally Field moment…you like me! You really like me!
Anyway, back to the Liebster.
There’s the award in all its rock and roll looking glory. Isn’t it kinda cool looking? Now you might be wondering who bestowed me with this fine honor and that person would be Jak Cryton at The Cryton Chronicles. Thanks so much Jak! Those who don’t read his blog should stop on over, he’s also a Writer and is working on a fiction piece set in an alternate universe. Pretty cool stuff.
Now for the rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award and display a link back to their blog.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Check them out below.
4. Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked you.
Check those out after my eleven random facts.
5. Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you want to pass the award on to.
And done, just keep scrolling. Like Dory might sing.
6. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
I gotcha questions at the end of this thing.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. The main reason why I accepted this award, when many of you know that I made an announcement ages ago I didn’t do the award thing, is because it was all about eleven which is my favorite number.
2. I made up my list of questions before reading what the questions were that I was supposed to answer.
3. I always struggle with naming specific facts about myself and tend to do this part of these types of memes last.
4. I still miss Word 2003.
5. My top five movies that have a fictional band singing an original song are: Rock Star (Steel Dragon / Chris Cole [as sung by The Verve Pipe]), Almost Famous (Stillwater), Reality Bites (Hey, That’s My Bike [Ethan Hawke, who plays Troy and the lead singer of the band, really does sing the couple songs his band is allegedly playing in the movie]), School of Rock (School of Rock), and Singles (Citizen Dick).
6. The most used tag on my blog posts is ‘staving off a nervous breakdown’ with a whopping 43 times used. The next closest is ‘Love that Dirty Water’ with 28.
7. I’m not at all looking forward to baseball season this year.
8. That’s because, after watching hockey so intently the past handful of years, baseball games are like taking a nap without the side benefit of having taken a nap.
9. I recently revived my old blog Green Leaf Reviewer and have enjoyed finding articles in the local paper to research and comment on over there. I’ll probably also bring back the reviews at some point soon.
10. The temperatures will soon be in the nineties and one-hundreds so I bought a stationary bike to workout on every day so I don’t attract harpoons while in my pool this summer.
11. I’m struggling with writing my sequel right now so I’m working on other projects instead. Some of which have nothing to do with writing.
Questions from Jak
1. What is your favorite color?
2. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
To produce a perfectly written book on the first try. The why should be pretty self-explanatory for those who fancy themselves a Writer.
3. If you were resurrected as an animal, what would you want to be? Why?
A bear. I’ve said this so many times and still hold firm. Either a black bear or a grizly because they can live in cold places but have that honkin fur coat to keep them warm, eat as much as they want and get all plump during their summers spent swimming and fishing, then they spend the entire winter in a cave sleeping. Plus have you seen a bear fight? Bitches be bad ass.
4. What is the last book you read and/or are currently reading?
I just finished The Bourne Deception and yes I know the book is about a decade old but I’m a slow reader and also sometimes slow to catch onto the ‘what’s hip’ wave when it’s actually hip. The book was meh. I’m about to start reading a friend’s book today called Words Falling Like Water by Sonya Vaughn and I’m really looking forward to it!
5. Who is your favorite Author?
Poe. Or maybe King. I write love stories so it only makes sense that I’d read psychological, twisted chillers right?
6. Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo or the A to Z Challenge before? If so, what were your experiences like?
I won NaNo in 2010 and 2011, tried CampNaNo in August 2012 and didn’t come close to the word count. But I got my second book out of that experience so I count that as a win. This is my first try at the A to Z Challenge.
7. What is (or was) your most anticipated movie to be released in 2013?
I’m going to go with the second part of The Hobbit because the first part is one of very few movies I even saw from 2012.
8. Who was your first movie crush?
Mikey Walsh, Sean Astin’s character in The Goonies. The kid is only like twelve years old and a small-framed kid with asthma but he’s being forced to face this huge life crisis where his family is being evicted from their home to make way for a golf course. So when his dreams to chase down a treasure turn out to be not so imaginary, and he ends up leading the charge on this amazing adventure where he can potentially save the house and save the day, it just makes me smile. Plus I was about eleven when that came out and he was so super cute in his jeans and jean jacket with those sparkly hazel eyes.
9. What would your dream job entail?
Doing exactly what I do now – writing fiction and networking – just getting paid a living wage to do it.
10. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
There’s no chance I can answer this question. Everyone in my life has influenced me in one way or another be it for a moment or for decades. I could never pick just one.
11. Do you believe in the supernatural? If so, any experiences?
I do and yes I’ve felt the presence of ghosts or spirits before. Two distinct times in my life –when I was living in New Hampshire there was one incident I saw a great aunt in my room, the second was the not so Casper like ghost that took up nighttime residence in my second floor bathroom in the 1850’s farmhouse Matt and I slogged through in Springfield.
And here are my nominees for acceptance…insert drum roll here.
Eleven Questions for those who Accept the Award
1. What’s your earliest childhood memory?
2. What’s your favorite breakfast cereal?
3. Do you remember your third grade teacher’s name without looking it up?
4. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
5. Have you ever traveled outside your own country?
6. Where do you think would be the scariest place to discover a body?
7. What’s your favorite book and why?
8. What is your name?
9. What is your quest?
10. What is your favorite color?
11. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Hope you enjoy and play along!
Posted for April 2013 A to Z Blog Challenge B is for Blog Award