Me! I was not prepared to win, I don’t even have anything written on a little scrap of paper stuffed into my bra that I can pull out and read on stage. Being nominated was an honor all by itself. I don’t have anyone to thank really except Chris who has bequeathed me with this honorable mention. I am overwhelmed and thank the Academy for this glorious treasure bestowed upon me.
So in case you hadn’t picked up on the bantery tone in my fingers, I was given a blogger award by The Pedestrian Writer, linked right up there ^. Chris is one of my newer bloggy friends but he’s like that bloggy friend you have no idea how long it’s really been since you started reading each other’s stuff because it’s like you’ve always been reading each other’s stuff. I suggest everyone get over & read his blog like now. Well okay not right now, stick around and read this bunch of random babble first then get on over there & search the archives.
Anyway, he’s given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Rad!
I may or may not have received this award years ago when blog awards were handed out in such a haphazard manner that they were everywhere. Not to diminish the receipt of any award but when they’re so readily available as if they were a joint in a high school parking lot on a Friday night, some of the meaning behind it kind of goes by the wayside.
So for the longest time I stopped doing the award thing. Stopped accepting them, handing them back out, talking about them, posting their pictures on my blog. Probably because I started smoking weed in the high school parking lot on a Friday night and kind of forgot about doing all that other stuff…someone pass the Munchos would ya?
Well I’m accepting this award and thanking Chris for coolly saying what I’ve been trying to shove down everyone’s throat for so long - that my blog kicks ass.
And good luck to you for reading this because we’re already at close to 400 words & I haven’t even posted the picture of the darn award yet.
Today’s Seven Facts
1. I am a total sucker for men who have that whole “Black Irish” thing going on. Even if they’re not Irish it’s the fair skin, black hair, blue eyes thing that makes me swoon. Every. Time. Here’s a good example of what I’m talking about: Ian Somerhalder.
The guy isn’t just hot though, he’s an environmental activist. And he owns a reclaimed wood upcycling company with his brother. Which means he’s in construction too. Plus he plays a Vampire on TV (more on this old, & recently revived, obsession in a later post). And the cherry on top, he’s a fucking Writer.
God has a great sense of humor giving us ladies (and probably a whole bunch of guys that aren’t a-scared to admit it because, seriously, look at the guy!) this gift of man-candy and then not having enough to go around. Luckily Matt has a sense of humor too or he’d get pretty tired of seeing my drool bucket.
2. I’m a creature of habit in the morning. And by habit I mean a complete and total cranky bitch. Last night Matt told me he thinks maybe I’m part Vampire because if the red velvet blackout curtains in our bedroom aren’t pulled tight in the morning I’m essentially evil. Seriously, one peeking ray of sun and I wake up “screaming” like the daylight just lit me on fire or something. Not only that but I need my life-blood before anything else. That would of course be coffee. But same dif right?
3. Certain turns of phrase that have become popular in modern day speak drive me out of my mind – easy peasy, preggers, and hubs are the worst. Yes I’ve used them all. And I die a little inside every time I do.
4. I think the arbitrary number of things required to share just to accept this award is totally odd. Why wasn’t it five? Or ten? Seven just seems super strange to me.
5. If the seven things were five, I’d be done now.
6. Horror movies and ghost stories freak me the hell out. I can’t sleep if I watch them and I will never willingly go on a ghost hunt or any of that strange stuff. Anyway, I hate blood and gore in movies and psychological thrillers that involve spirits trip me out (but yes I’m totally cool with Vampires, again, this is for a later post). I have many stories of living in houses that contained spirits where inexplicable things happened. Like lights turning on in rooms with no one inside and no timer on the lamp. Like one wall (an interior one) always being cold and having a cold breeze coming off it even in summer. Like a ghost living in my bathroom.
So we owned this Vacation House in the Ghetto and I am telling you, there was a ghost living in our upstairs bathroom. At night if I had to pee I could feel it hovering in the doorway so I’d always go downstairs to the main bathroom. And I always held on tight to the railing because I could actually feel it behind me as I descended the stairs. I think it was trapped up there though because I never felt it on the first floor. It was totally freaky but I never felt threatened per se.
7. I’ve developed allergies since moving to Phoenix. Before I had a chance to think of a seventh thing to talk about I literally sneezed seven times in a row. How’s that for irony huh? Lots of different plants and stuff out here in the desert. No Vampires in the desert though. Well, at least according to my sister. Must be that whole sunlight & werewolf thing instead. But you never know…
So here’s the thing, I hate picking people to pass these on to. I always feel bad if I choose someone and then someone else gets sad that I didn’t choose them. But I’ll do it because I’m feeling generous and I wasn’t born with a guilt gene so there’s always that too. So here you go…please read these people, some are new friends & some are old but they’re all awesome.
KC at View from the Couch
Anna at My Two Cents
Karen at Karen Cooks
Jim at Suldog (and yes, I'm fully aware what this could mean but no pressure)
Kate at Plan Q.3 (good to see you blogging again my friend!)
Linda at Thoughts from a Bag Lady in Waiting
Joan at Grandma’s Recipe Box
And now back to my draining schedule. Ha, get it? Vampires? Draining? Luckily I’m easily amused…and equally lucky that I amuse myself…