Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Because I Need to Post Something

So I’m doing a silly meme for the first time in a long time for a few reasons. First, I haven’t posted in 3 weeks and have been feeling like I want to but didn’t know what to write. Second, because I ran across it on the page of one of the writers on my blogroll and it seemed like a fine idea. Finally, just because. And all of that seems good enough for me so without any additional rambling you won’t already be privy to while sorting through the drivel below…enjoy.

1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
Because it seemed like a good thing to do that first winter after moving back to Massachusetts when I hadn’t yet started back to school and barely had any jobs painting. I kind of felt like at least I could find some people out there that I could force to read my stuff, even if those people were only family and friends to start.

2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
Um, well I think ‘Random Lunacy’ is mostly self-explanatory. My brain doesn’t seem to want to focus on just one thing and I’m certainly pretty mentally fucked so it seemed all encompassing.

3. Do you ever had another blog?
Yeah, I know this is the internet and sometimes there are lower standards and all that jazz but I’m correcting this question right now. Either “Have you ever had another blog” or “Do you have another blog”. Seriously people, grammar is something we all learned starting in the third grade or earlier. Embrace it. Use it. I beg you.

4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
The usual stuff – read the news, read blogs, read email, sell shit, watch stupid videos, tweet, waste time reading crap on Facebook, participate in my school forum discussions, write a couple other blogs…oh yeah, I was supposed to tell you I had those in the last question wasn’t I? Sorry, got all caught up whipping out my grammar police badge and kind of forgot.

5. How about when you're not on the computer?
If you’re asking what I do during that time…exercise, balance my checkbook, obsessively white out things in my day planner, apply Chapstick, dance in supermarket aisles, watch hockey, watch football, smoke cigarettes, read books, have sex, brush my teeth, drive to the doctor’s office, drive home, take pictures of empty beer glasses, point and laugh at people who pass me on single lane roads when they end up right in front of me at the next red light…honestly, there are far too many things to list them all.

6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
I’ve pretty much told all my stories already which I suppose is the main reason why I only write like once a month these days.

7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
Hmm, don’t really belong to a community per se. Maybe I should get on that huh?

8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
Philosophy: noun; the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct
Clearly I couldn’t possibly have a philosophy due to that word ‘rational’ being plunked in there. See question # 2 as related to the name of my blog again.

9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
It’s a self-portrait. Simply stunning isn’t it? And obviously I’m like a reincarnated Picasso with those sharpie marker skills.

10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
Not doing this, it’s almost as bad as asking me to tag my friends in this piece of crap excuse for a blog post. If you want to know about them then get your ass over to their blogs and read for yourself, they're all pretty rad.

11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
Incredibly high paying sponsorship.

12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
I’m going to spell this very slowly with spacers so maybe whoever wrote this can learn from the second example since they may not have noticed their error the first time – g r a m m a r – should I define it too?
What I think it’s asking of course is to reveal 10 things I like that people who are too lazy or busy to just read through my whole blog should know. Okay here goes: smoking, drinking, sports, sleep, relaxing, writing, music, Matt, family, friends. Not necessarily in that order.

13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
Doubtful.

14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
Aside from the fact that should read 'aside', not 'beside'...At night I go to sleep dreaming of the thousands of people that read my blog every day. Note the word “dreaming”.

15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
Tweeting. I’m a wordy bitch so trying to cram it all into that short a message is a challenge I can get behind. Well that and I pretty much just like to hear myself talk so it’s like the next best thing.

16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
Decided to give up my retail shop next year and solely focus on the only thing I actually want to do for a living which is to be a writer.

17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
Hmm, guess I can’t count my mom since we met before the blogging part so I guess 4 so far but maybe another in January and I will get to Colorado next year to hopefully meet two more.

18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
Nothing that I’m going to start talking about just because you asked this question, duh.

19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
“Do you want me to deposit this entire seven figure royalty check all at once or should we split it into a few separate checks?”

20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
Don’t think so. Writers & bloggers come and go. Friends, whether they blog anymore or not, are still friends.

21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
Nope, not so much.

As thieved from Sunday Stealing

7 comments:

draagonfly said...

#11 and #19... You and me both!!!

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Right? Its just time to ditch all this other madness and start making money as a writer. Sure I'm good at other crap but that ain't exactly paying the bills either ya know?

Ugh, and I just noticed I violated my own grammar rule. Must fix that now!

#1Nana said...

Welcome back! I finally posted something new too. I'm also struggling with coming up with something new to write about. Such a responsibility being a blogger! When the money starts rolling in from #11, let me in on the secret!

Anonymous said...

You definitely should have high paying sponsorship on here.
Love your writing.

Linda Myers said...

I think I'm going to meet you in January, too! We'll be in Sedona chatting over a latte or something.

Rosebud Collection said...

Isn't it funny how blogging friends are like friends we have had all our lives..Didn't it all start with the forum on Etsy? They won't even let you put your blog there anymore..glad we were there before, it isn't the same.
Keep on writing your books..it will happen..
Have a good week..xoCarolyn

The Nature Nut said...

#3, 12 & 14
I think I love you - lol