• We’re moving. In four weeks and 3 days. Holy crap that’s coming really fast now!
• I’m taking classes, and so ready for a nice summer break.
• Tornadoes are wreaking havoc on this country and I’m truly keeping everyone I know in the middle of the country fully embedded in my prayers right now.
• The Bruins are fighting for their lives to get to the Stanley Cup finals, sort of. Last night David Krejci got a hat trick. The first time a B’s player has done that in the post season since 1991 when Cam Neely pulled it off. Sadly though our goalie let just a couple more than 3 slide by him and we lost last night.
• Just learned last night it wasn’t all my imagination, according to the weatherman on channel 7 this has been the cloudiest May on record. Yes, ever.
• Still haven’t finished Lolita for Book Club and considering giving up, today will be my last try before I decide to throw in the towel.
Yeah that’s about it. So basically all of that stuff can be done with a drink in my hand right? Okay, maybe not the driving across the country but certainly everything else. Either a good, strong, dark beer, or maybe now that the sun has finally come out and the temperatures are supposed to shoot up into the 80’s (maybe even 90’s on the holiday yea!) perhaps my own made up creation -- the Summertini!
Only problem, I created this drink in the summer, beside a pool somewhere, many, many summers ago and must have had a few too many of them because I can barely remember the recipe.
I think there was vodka, maybe something having to do with watermelon, some lime and a little salt around the rim? There was definitely a sweet/salty thing going on. I can’t remember though.
Oh well, looks like I’ll just have to take one for the team and do some experimenting huh? The things I do in the name of research I tell ya…
Really enjoying For the Love of Blogs btw, some fun weekly and daily blog boosters like this Thirsty Thursday theme. If you'd like more traffic & to find some great new blogs I highly recommend these folks!