Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Back

The first day of a brand new year. A clean slate, a fresh start. Mum you know I told you the other night that is what I was bringing to me. Well now that it has arrived I feel it is alright to not only begin working on that other thing we talked about but to have a small moment of reminiscent nostalgia for the times and places that have gone by. Bridgete posted this a few days ago and I knew it would be something I would borrow, because the questions were pretty good (ok I guess technically its stolen since I do not really plan to give it back). I modified the questions slightly to be past tense when appropriate. I am really looking forward to another year of wonderful fun starting right now!

Where did you begin 2008?
S & B's living room.

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Still living.

Were you in school (anytime in 2008)?
Nope.

Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes but it was not for me, it was to see my newly born nephews!

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Um, thankfully no.

Where did you go on vacation?
Humarock, Martha's Vineyard.

What did you purchase that cost $500 or more?
Quite sure I spent that on food and beer over the entire year. At a single purchase? Nothing.

Did you know anybody who got married?
Still know them. No one did so last year if that’s the question.

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Yup.

Did you move anywhere?
Yup.

What sporting events did you attend?
1 Red Sox game, 1 Bruins game

What concerts/shows did you go to?
Jason Mraz (2), Ben Taylor, Cas Haley, Emily Elbert, Makepeace Brothers, Bushwalla, Kim Taylor

Where do you live now?
Northwest of Boston.

Describe your birthday?
The best day of the year.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Move back here.

What were your favorite moment(s) of 2008?
In no particular order (and only what I remember right now but I am sure there are many more, like every single day) -- Waking up every morning, meeting my “nephews” and watching them grow, spending time with Wendy, selling a few CSD items, writing, all those nights of passionate love making, seeing family & friends, snuggling under a cozy blanket on a cold day, catching up over tea, snapping photos of some once in a lifetime moments, meeting new people, giving generously, being completely thankful when I received, dying my hair bright red, laughter during great meals together, seeing Jason perform live twice, exploring new parts of the country, ending the Springfield chapter for good, being at the Sox game when Crisp got in the fight on the mound, meeting two bloggy friends and getting to know others through their words, getting hired by multiple people to install finishes I had never done before and rocking them, seeing the deer in the field, seeing my Dad more and really bonding with my Step Mom, watching the sun rise over the ocean, convincing Matt to drive down to MD with me then fly back the same day, realizing just how much my body can handle then pushing myself to do more, driving home from MD with nothing to keep me company but music, seeing my Mother in Law and other in-law family throughout the year even though the circumstances were not always super, picking up the ice cream cake in the middle of the summer, attending the first BBGG meeting, the look on Matt’s face when he got the iPod for his birthday, New Year’s eve with our “extended family”, learning new recipes, road trips, starting up GLR, getting Ben & Bill’s every night but one, interviewing so many talented artists, every single moment I got to spend on a beach, the Alzheimer’s walk, accepting the fact that we might have to move far away but taking steps so we do not have to, taking the boys to the Museum of Science, cleaning out the physical and proverbial clutter, Boston Harbor Islands tour, starting new traditions, seeing every single person I love smile, making the most of every single day.

What's something you learned about yourself?
Far too many to mention.

Any new additions to your family?
Not my immediate family.

What was your best month?
All of them were great for different reasons.

What music will you remember 2008 by?
Jason and pretty much anything on Rock Band.

Who was your best drinking buddy?
Matt or Wendy.

Made new friends?
Sure did!

Favorite Night(s) out?
Anytime I actually got out was probably fun.

Any regrets?
Never.

What do you want to change in 2009?
The Commander in Chief, hurry up already!

Overall, how would you rate 2008?
Freaking fantastic, just like every other year.

What would you change about 2008?
Nada.

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
With friends or family.

Had any life changes in 2008?
Yes.

Change your hairstyle?
Not significantly. The color is an entirely different story.

Get a new job?
Sort of.

How old did you turn in 2008?
35

Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Yes, to not make resolutions. Damn, I already broke it.

Did anything embarrassing?
Most likely.

Buy anything new from eBay?
Nope.

What were your favorite purchase(s)?
The small camera, iTunes music, food.

Get married or divorced?
Nope.

Get arrested?
Thank goodness no lol.

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
No. Reality shows are so over.

Did you get sick last year?
Don't really remember but I don't think so.

Start a new hobby?
No space for anything new in this place lol.

Been snowboarding?
Not a chance in hell.

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
I am always a little misty to end a calendar year but I see only good things in 2009, a year that is even better than 2008, so in reality it has to end so those great things can begin!

Drank Starbucks in 2008?
I think so in MD.

Been naughty or nice?
Yes.

What are you wishing for in 2009?
To finish the novel, get it published, promoted and well received.

9 comments:

Bridgete said...

That was fun to read, thanks for stealing! =)

Karen said...

Happy New Year!

TheresaJ said...

Fun read, thanks for sharing! I love your positive attitude and sense of fun and adventure.

Loved this so much, I thought about stealing it, but then felt immediately overwhelmed by the thought. We'll see... :)

Happy 2009!

High Desert Diva said...

Fun!

Bree said...

Man, I just fall in line with you and Bridgete with these. Does it count as stolen if I admit to, ah, relocating it? :D

Rosebud Collection said...

Now that is what I call a fun read..
I always like a New Year..New Beginnings..

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Way to go, hope 2009 is the best year yet for you and Matt. Love, Mum

ginger said...

i love your positivity jenn. now that i'm rejoining the living i'm starting to catch up on the blogs i haven't visited in a week. i'll have to steal this for my blog too.

i am really looking forward to the novel being finished too!

Xylia said...

What a list! I did pretty much nothing, but I'm old so I can get away with it. :-) It was a pleasure making your acquaintance this past year.