Its all about fun today, the stars are saying it, the attitude is saying it and the blogs are screaming it! Woo hoo! I love fun! Right on Bridgete, thanks for opening up the door to some mindless fun!
Apparently I love exclamation points today in addition to fun, they are really the only appropriate punctuation marks to use when having such an awesome time! Right?
OK, the object of the game…
1. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
I am omitting rule #4 (4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.) because, well that’s just how I roll. It will be more fun to chat in comments I think.
Let’s get it started in here.
1. I'm gonna hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of style!
2. Oh I'm the weird one? You're the one calling Barry Manilow from a phone booth at 2:00 am!
3. That's right. I mean - why? Because they haven't won a World Series in a century or so? So what? They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you. Does anyone else in your life do that? The Red Sox don't get divorced. This is a real family. This is the family that's here for you.
4. FUCK YOU MONTY! Always gotta be right, with your little quips! We get it, man. You're fuckin' edgy and cool. Yeah! You're the coolest fuckin' guy at Shenaniganz! WHOOO! That's like being the smartest kid with Down syndrome!
5. There must be something between us, even if it's only an ocean.
6. Don't worry, Penny. There's still plenty of time to get pregnant and go on welfare.
7. Some people have a hard time explaining rock 'n' roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Maybe Pete Townshend, but that's okay. Rock 'n' roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking...and it's not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But it's a voice that says, "Here I am...and fuck you if you can't understand me." And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means that rock 'n' roll can save the world...all of us together. And the chicks are great. But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music.
8. True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...
9. Since when is being a slut a crime in this family?
10. I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?
11. You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
12. MG: Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you? Because excuse me if somebody doesn't know the secret handshake with you. TD: There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake.
13. You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it.
14. You know, Charlie, there are two kinds of thieves in this world: those who steal to enrich their lives, and those who steal to define their lives. Don't be the latter. Makes you miss out on what's really important in this life.
15. Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side...
16. I am guided by a force much greater than luck.
As a side note, because I have seen all of these movies more than a boat load of times, I know the wording in some of the quotes is incorrect & it’s killing me not to fix it!