Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Life As A Gypsy

OK. Which house is it again? Oh, the 27 pound comforter is on me, that must mean its Trish & Jeff's today. Yes! The good coffee, Grampy style. There are not many nights I sleep in my own house anymore. In some kind of strange way it is liberating for someone like me, who is so structured, to go and be free from the ties of a house. In another way though it is really hard for my soul to always be off somewhere with no home. I like to nest. I like to paint the house and have pictures and other small accessories out but it is really nice when those can be mine and not the property of the staff. From the Hotel Mom to the Hotel Auntie there is nowhere I don't stay at least once a month these days. It is nice in a way to think, 'who has to wash the sheets when you never sleep in them?'

It can be exhausting to travel around so much that when I do get back to my own home it is so nice just to crash out. Since this weekend is another away, we're at hotel Auntie until probably Sunday. The package at this hotel is groovy and flexible on your number of overnights depending on the crowd involved that weekend; it comes with dancing to Oldies 103.3, painting ceilings, Chinese food, moving furniture, ducks, coffee anytime of day, and chillin in pj's. Each "hotel" I stay at has so many fun amenities it is better to spread around the love and stay in a lot of them. In a manner of speaking you understand.

They have built their own eco-system here in the backyard with the number of ducks that have come to get fat & happy in the creek out back. Getting fat is courtesy of the hundreds of pounds of corn they're being fed by the proprietors Auntie & Uncle every day. Little ducks everywhere are screaming "Tell your friends!" "They'll feed you too if you don't poop on their heads as you fly over the house man." I have some pictures of the duck feeding from this morning but unfortunately they lie in my camera so you'll just have to imagine what it looks like for Auntie to be out by the snowy creek with a white bowl full of corn, tossing handfulls out to the100 some odd ducks at her feet, anxiously awaiting their breakfast. It was kind of magical in a way. Auntie must be the Duck Whisperer. Not to mention the bunny, dog, bird, well, really all animal Whisperer.

Good news too, there is no more smoking allowed in this Hotel anymore, the ceilings are now painted and beautiful. Been fun hanging with G&L this weekend too, don't really get a chance to connect with them a lot and L & I are probably going to try to blend our skills to give each other a hand with business stuff. She loves to paint, I love to faux so it is a no brainer to hook up and work together so neither of us have to do what we do not enjoy in the process. Cool!

Well it is back to the weekend of fun and food again. See. I keep trying to tell everyone we're all bears hibernating in the winter but no one listens.

13 comments:

victoria said...

It's such a pleasure to read about all the fun you are having- you LUCKY DUCK! :) Enjoy these moments

Anonymous said...

Sounds just ducky!

ginger said...

mmmm....chinese food....i want that.
you're so descriptive and i love the voice you gave to the ducks. i'm sure they appreciate that ya know?
i am always telling people i feel like a bear hibernating in the winter. it starts around halloween and i generally snap out of it in march. i've been better about it this year, so far.
nice post jenn. thanks ~*~*~

Julie said...

Dear Jenn,

Thank you so much for leaving a comment about my recent J Mraz post. It was lucky that I found it really: I really hadn't given my blog a second look since I set it up almost a year ago -- at least not until today! After deciding I was actually going to finally start blogging, and after posting an actual post, I went to delete those "starter" posts and I found your comment. What appropriate encouragement!

Enjoy your travels and I hope your new year starts on the perfect note!

Peace,
Julie

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

love the puns gals :)

i felt so out of touch not reading all your blogs but it is a new year & a new day & i'm off to check them all out :)

thanks for the comments all!

Julie said...

Hey, bravo for your post to "." on "freshness factor". I considered posting something similar a few days ago, but reconsidered/chickened out. Funny thing, though, since I first read her post, "Geek in the Pink" has a whole new tone.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Julie ~ lol! I can't believe you already saw that. I just sat here seething at ".'s" comments because it is crap like that which makes people stop blogging and if Mraz ever stopped writing his random thoughts on life every couple weeks I would be thoroughly disappointed. I saw what ceebee said as well as your comment too. Why did it change your mind on "GITP"? ~ Jenn

ginger said...

heehee...love the conversation going on here about stalkerific girl. i actually went to her site and there's a letter to him as a post...someone needs a nap and a restraining order if you ask me, but you didn't so i'll be nice now. :) i wonder if there's a way to block people on this site...is there?

anywho..thanks for the lovely visit jenn, next time i'll have tea waiting for you. i don't know if you subscribe or go back and check for replies to comments, but i did...reply, that is.

goodnight jenn and friends

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

ginger ~ you know I usually just sigh, shake my head & move on but I was just in the mood to kick a little ass yesterday. must be the lack of nicotine lol (yeah quitting smoking round 2 here). I tried to be not intentionally mean, just a reality slap ya know?

how did you get to the site? the profile is blocked...I'm dying to see that post...
the tea sounds yummy :) we can hang & play some mraz cd's...I'm off to check your blog now :) ~ jenn

Julie said...

Yeah, I was quick to see the comment because after the thread started getting interesting, I clicked the "email me follow-up comments" box... and I live on email. Anyhow, I'd seen '.'s blog the other day too before she made it private. As for GITP, I guess I always took it simply as guy-seeking-girl, took "I don't care what you might think about me" as "take me or leave me," and didn't think too much more about it about it. But consider "I don't care..." as "I don't care if you ARE infatuated with me," and listen to verse 2 as if he's singing to "." ... it fits. I know, I'm probably just really slow to catch on. ;) (Feel free to laugh at me. I can handle it!)

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

Julie - no, no laughter, I think I get what you're saying to a point but I don't know if I would have ever thought he was actually singing about a real life, specific person there. But who knows, like I said, I don't know him, probably never will, and just love his tunes & writing :) And I'm glad I am not famous, there are people out there that think that way & seriously that is way too scary...

Now I will have to play that song first when I open my iTunes ya know lol...

Julie said...

oh, I doubt it's really to her, but still, to put it into a different context makes it interesting. I mean, really, I doubt she's the first (or will be the last) obsesser in his world.

I really don't think I'd want to be famous, but I sure wouldn't mind being friends with someone who was.

Jenn Flynn-Shon said...

I plead blissful ignorance - you would be correct that this person is probably not the first or last to be obsessed with him. It started me thinking that if he has people like that in his world, and he is only on the fringe of "big stardom", imagine what it must be like for people like Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, etc who are household names.

I'm with you, would not be fun to be famous but it would be really fun to pick on a famous friend as you watch obsessors fall all over them lol. (well, as long as those people didn't do anything intentionally hurtful, you know what I mean)